A beautifully crafted solo show about hope and healing after sexual assault. The performance is followed by a panel discussion.
Foreign Body is the beautifully crafted solo show about hope, healing and forgiveness after sexual assault. Uniquely told from the perspective of the survivor and perpetrator of the same assault, using a charged combination of verbatim, physical theatre and a stunning original soundtrack, Foreign Body is a brave, liberating and life-affirming story. The play aims to destigmatise dialogue around sexual violence and offers audience members the opportunity to explore the play’s themes through a post-show panel discussion alongside sector specialists.
*** Trigger warning: contains descriptions of sexual assault that some may find triggering ***
- Written and performed by Imogen Butler-Cole
- Directed by Fran Moulds
- Artistic Advisor: Kath Burlinson
- Designer: Ana Inés Jabares-Pita
- Lighting Designer: Ali Hunter
- Music/ Sound Design: Tara Franks, Filipe Sousa
- Executive Producer: Ine Van Riet
- Stage Manager: Gwinyai Mparutsa
Photographer’s Credit: Chantal Guevara
Duration: 90 minutes, including Q&A
Age Suitability: 18+